Something to mull over...


Friday, February 3, 2017

Ever Wonder What Happens to Sperm-Donor Siblings?



You should totally read this book.  It has a fresh concept and theme and the humor is spot on.  I cannot count the number of time I silently laughed while reading this during my train rides.  The main characters are young teens, so expect a lot of current wit, dry humor and sarcasm, but beneath this exterior is a lot of heart.  The book is also unafraid to use as a backdrop a couple of households with two moms.  While this could have been uncomfortable, the authenticity of the love between the moms and their children was unflappable, even in the face of complications brought about by the sperm donor and half-siblings situation.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I am impressed as well by the maturity of the donor offspring, as demonstrated towards the end of the story.  If this is a sign of fresh material to come in 2017, then I am fully committed to a great year of reading and reviewing.

Thanks to NetGalley and the author for the ARC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment